We are seeking a motivated Research Assistant to help with projects in malaria immunology. The responsibilities of this position encompass immuno-phenotyping, T and B-cell responses, and antibody response. Specific tasks may involve:
- Perform experiments such as: PBMC isolation, Flow cytometry (whole blood staining, PBMC staining, antibody titration), Luminex assays, ELISA, ELISpot, Paasite culture, and microscopy
- Perform routine laboratory duties such as preparing buffers/media and maintaining equipment and chemical/reagent repositories
- Perform data analysis using softwares such as STATA, GraphPad, FlowJo, and FACSDiva
Requirements and skills
- Master degree in Immunology, Biology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Medical technology, Public Health, or related field
- Familiarity with techniques in cell biology and/or immunology
- Willingness and ability to work off-hours if necessary
- A good team player
- Can communicate and present scientific results in English
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Why work at MVRU?
MVRU is part of the Malaria Excellence Center at the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University. Our primary research focus is on Plasmodium vivax, the most common human malaria parasites outside Africa. Current research areas include malaria epidemiology and transmission, parasite biology, drug and vaccine development. The established field sites, strong collaborative network with international partners, and a large archive of well-documented field samples provide excellent research opportunities in malaria and other tropical diseases.