Entomology Postdoctoral fellow: Open date: 16 Nov until the position is filled
- PhD in biology or related field with some background in entomology (not necessary but advantageous);
- good command of English and Thai; able to work in a big team, local and international;
- able to spend >90 days/year at field stations.
- Salary and benefit: starting 38,000-45,000 THB/month depending on experience and background + health insurance + per diem (when travel to field stations)
- Duration of employment: 3 years and renewable pending funding availability
- Submission CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Why work at MVRU?
Background: Mahidol Vivax Research Unit (MVRU) under the Center of Excellence for Malaria, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University is seeking a PhD level researcher to work at the interface of entomology and malaria.
MVRU currently holds many grants to conduct malaria research in Thailand and the greater Mekong Subregion. Our research spans epidemiology, diagnostics, vector biology and transmission, drug and vaccine development, and parasite biology. We are looking for someone with a strong interest in vector biology and transmission of vector borne diseases. The successful candidate will conduct research in malaria vectors in Thailand and GMS countries.