Mahidol Vivax Research Unit at Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University is seeking a database administrator to support in malaria research. The successful candidate will work on epidemiology, clinical and laboratory data.
- Designing, developing, and modifying data infrastructure to accelerate the processes of data analysis and reporting.
- Monitoring system performance and identifying problems that arise.
- Coordinating data collection and analysis team in data collection, validation and quality assurance.
- Responding in a timely manner to user-reported errors.
- Protecting the database against threats or unauthorized access.
- Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of memory loss.
- Performing other duties as required.
Requirements and skills
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Bio-medical field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as database administrator.
- Experience in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL or PostgreSQL.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills for both Thai and English
- Highly organized and responsible.
- A good team player, capable of working under pressure.
Please email: email@example.com for more information.
Why work at MVRU?
MVRU is part of the Malaria Excellence Center at the Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Mahidol University. Our primary research focus is on Plasmodium vivax, the most common human malaria parasites outside Africa. Current research areas include malaria epidemiology and transmission, parasite biology, drug and vaccine development. The established field sites, strong collaborative network with international partners, and a large archive of well-documented field samples provide excellent research opportunities in malaria and other tropical diseases.